From the mind of Tom Beland

Creator of True Story Swear to God

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Diggin' the Atkins, Lovin' the Cap

My latest musical fave, Nicole Atkins. Great voice, great music.

"The Party's Over" is such a great song. Had it on my iPod for the past few days and I'm loving it.

–––––––––------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did some artwork for a friend of mine who once owned a comic shop. As part of the payment, he agreed to let me go through his collection... one box at a time.

First box is his collection of Captain America. From Jack Kirby, to Gene Colan, to my favorite Jazzy John Romita, to Sal Buscema. It's a huge box and they're all in great condition.

There's something about the smell of an old comic that makes it a time machine to me. I can remember where I was when each book came out and, well, it's been a great day of reading. When comics were fun.

I miss those days.

No comments: